A student's life is a busy life, with deadlines around every corner. Students, like myself, tend to procrastinate until it is unavoidable, after which we do not sleep all night to finish whatever assignment is due. Some of us keep going all day through, just picking up their sleeping rhythms as if nothing happened, yet others take a nap, or go to sleep earlier. Sadly for me, I am a taker of naps.
The takers of naps are divided into two groups. You have the short (power) nappers and the "i-am-going-to-sleep-for-as-long-as-my-body-wishes-me-to-sleep"-type. A short nap can be compared to a reboot of your computer if it slows down a bit, after which it will run normally again. (If it doesn't, you might want to get that checked out). A long nap is more like the sleep-mode, only to be woken after something disturbs it or if the computer just simply feels like it. (The latter is really scary at night).
I am lazy. Really, really, really lazy. I don't like to go to bed, but once I'm in it, I'm KO within 3 minutes. At least, I used to be. Before, I never took a nap, unless I was worn out because of some games I just had to play. Since my initiation into student life though, I have become... a nap taker.
The impact that this had on my sleeping life was huge. Naps became a routine for when avoiding assignments I did not wish to do, when I was bored, or just whenever I felt like it. I could no longer fall asleep immediately at night and was inhibited to sleep before 3 am. The next morning I would have to wake up early for classes, and when back at home, I'd take a nap, because I felt tired and didn't feel I could be productive anyway.
"I might as well sleep, or I'll just waste my time staring at the books and not absorb any information. If I take a nap, I'll feel refreshed! Oh yessirree, I will have myself that little nap."
Three hours later you wake up and find yourself hungry, and you can't ignore your stomach! While waiting for things to cook (because as a student, you only take microwaveable nourishment or instant noodles), you can't do any other work, because your stomach is still taking up all of your attention. After eating, you have to rest a bit to let your stomach process the food. In this stage, your body starts feeling tired again, so you take an after-dinner-nap. All warm and fuzzy from the food, you fall asleep quickly, only to wake up when it's past midnight.
Yes, past midnight. Times on the clock I have become all too familiar with. The zero that the hours start with are an indication that it is too late to do any homework. You should sleep, but it is impossible. All because of letting your body wake up from your nap when it is ready and had enough rest. With your eyes opened wide and your bed feeling uncomfortable, you stare at the clock, watching the minutes pass slowly, hoping that sleep will kick in soon, so you can still get enough sleep before your alarm clock rings. And as the night sky turns lighter and lighter and the sun starts to rise, it is as if the sun is trying to tell you it is hopeless.
"Sorry, but you're awake."
Hello everybody who reads this!
My bike broke last Saturday by nearly catapulting me forward, after the handbrake shot loose and got between the spokes... So... I'm looking for a new bike! I don't care what state it is in etc, as long as I don't have to fix anything on it myself, or have an annoying pipe like a herenfiets or racefiets has! Anybody? My budget is max. 25, best would be in the area of Leiden!
Hey guys, a friend of mine started a blog, and it's actually kind of good :p I felt connected to her thoughts immediately :')
If you guys could give her a chance, the link is http://gayguytrappedinawomansbody.blogspot.com/
She wants to try and reach out to an audience, but it's not really working while trying to stay anonymous... So if you liked it, could you spread it around? ^_^
I love the naps' blog :P
Show the world which ones of these you have thought or done or whatever :p Put it on your own LJ or other blog and strike-out which ones you haven't had and make the ones that happen often or you strongly agree with bold.
1. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
2. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.3. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
4. I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?5. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
6. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
7. The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.
8. Do you remember when you were a kid playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.9. There is a great need for sarcasm font.10. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the fck was going on when I first saw it.
11. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.
12. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?13. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
14. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
15. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
16. A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.
17. Was learning cursive really necessary?18. Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".19. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.20. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.21. Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".22. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?23. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)...ummm...Goonies"
24. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
25. While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.26. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.27. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
28. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.29. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.30. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
31. Bad decisions make good stories32. Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!33. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?
34. If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.35. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....
36. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.37. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
38. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to fall after leaning your chair back a little too far.39. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.40. I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'41. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?42. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
43. When I meet a new girl, I'm terrified of mentioning something she hasn't already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking.44. I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.
45. Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...46. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.47. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
48. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. 49. I think that if, years down the road when I'm trying to have a kid, I find out that I'm sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.
50. Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what do to with it.51. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...52. It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.
53. I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit. 54. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than with Kay.55. The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimate d that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat bastard before dinner.
cover for in-ear pieces
denshi jisho case
Guess the lyrics!
1. Ooh yeah. You can fill my cup. You can fill my bowl. This train is ready to roll.
2. I left a good job in the city. Working for the man every night and day.
3. Would it take a bakers dozen to get my point to you? Would it take a half a pound to roll a joint for you?
4. We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.
5. There's only two types of people in the world The ones that entertain and the ones that observe.
6. Want to, but I can’t help it, I love the way it feels, it’s got me stuck between my fantasy and what is real.
7. Nowhere yah were goin' no where fast, maybe this time I’ll be yours and you’ll be mine.
8. Getting a little erratic here, and I don't know who to trust, I guess they got a way of reading my mind, I guess I got to adjust.
9. On a cold winters morning, in the time before the light, in flames of death's eternal rain, we ride towards the fight.
10. Feel free! sweet fool. trick star. Feel free! bitter fool. shooting star.
...I wish we could stay in that room forever. That time would stand still for us, just so we could be together. No outside world. Could we?
Hey everybody! It's been a long time since I updated on my life, and darn, a lot has happened. I have moved out, gone to parties, went out...
I have met new people, gone to an Asian party in the Hollywood in Rotterdam, tried some pole-dancing with a new girl I've met for fun, went to a kick boxing lesson for guys with another new friend of mine, overall; I had fun.
But it's not all fun and games! Rent I tell you! College money! Social healthcare! D:
So... that actually summed it all up. ._.
Oh! And I tried for the position of chief editor of the TaTanukiKi, the Tanuki Journal, but they turned me down, because they felt I was a bit too inexperienced and young for it. But they do believe I have potential, so they offered me a position under it as editor (checking spelling etc :P (TAALNAZIIIII!) ) so that I could grow into the position next year. B)
There. Now that summed it all up.
i took with me to bed last night
thigh touching thigh
his luminous cheek on mine
our faces conversed
in the dark
the mist of his breath
in my dreaming ear
my fingers asleep on his neck
his cold hair covered my eyes
while the body made round mine
a liquid fortress
a sheep cried in the night
a raccoon stirred
and several times i woke
to make sure he was really there
but some time in the night
a disappearing love
he drew the quilt around me
- Nina Winter, August 1973
carmen sad panda
STOLEN FROM RIONA-NEE-SAN
YOUR BOY SIDE:
[X] you love hoodies
[X] you love jeans
[ ] dogs are better then cats
[X] its hilarious when people get hurt
[X] you've played with/against boys on a team
[ ] shopping is torture
[ ] sad movies suck
[ ] you own a XBOX
[ ] you own a Wii
[ ] you played with Hot Wheels as a little kid
[X] at some point in life you wanted to be a firefighter
[ ] you owned a DS, PS2 or Sega
[X] you used to be obsessed with Power Rangers
[X] you watch sports on TV
[X] gory movies are cool
[ ]you go to your dad for advice
[ ] you own like a trillion baseball hats
[ ] you used to/do collect football collector cards
[ ] baggy sweatpants are cool to wear
[ ] its kind of weird to have sleepovers with a bunch of people
[X] green, black, red, blue, or silver are one of your favorite colors
[X] you love to go crazy and not care what other people think
[X] sports are fun
[X]you talk with food in your mouth.
[ ] you sleep at night with your socks on
[ ] you have fished at least once
---YOUR GIRL SIDE
[X] you love to shop
[ ] you wear eyeliner
[X] you wear the color pink
[ ] you go to your mom for advice
[X] you consider cheerleading a sport
[ ] you hate wearing the color black
[X] you like going to the mall
[X]you like getting manicures and/or pedicures
[X]you like wearing jewelry
[ ] you cried watching The Notebook.
[ ] skirts are a big parts of your wardrobe
[X] shopping is one of your favorite hobbies
[X] you don't like the movie Star Wars
[ ] you are/were in gymnastics
[X] it takes you around one hour to shower.
[X] you smile a lot more than you should
[ ] you have more than 10 pairs of shoes
[X] you care about what you look like
[X] you like wearing dresses when you can
[X] you like wearing body spray/perfume
[X] you like high heel shoes
[X] you used to play with dolls as a kid
[X] you like putting makeup on others
[X] you like being the star of almost everything.
[ ] pink is one of your favorite colors
Woah... I guess I'm rather girly after all :p
- Music:Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You